Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Lovely Blog Party // Aragorn and Arwen + Arthur and Amy

Hi! So, I apologize for not participating in this blog party more! I had every intention of doing so, but then I was sick for about two weeks, putting me behind in my schoolwork, which didn't leave me any time for blogging, which is why I am so late with this post. I have decided to go ahead and combine the two posts I planned to do, because being the really slow writer I am, I don't think I'll have time to write up two posts. So here we go!


~Aragorn and Arwen~


These two!!! I just loves them so much!!! They are so perfect for each other. I loooove Arwen (stop giving me that red squiggly line Blogger, Arwen is totally a real name) I mean, she gave up her immortality to be with Aragorn!! She tells him, "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone." That to me is not only a gorgeous quote, but it also shows just how much she loves him. Arwen is not afraid of facing death, as long as it means she gets to share her life with the one she loves. 


I also love how dedicated to her Aragorn is (also a real name, AHEM) When he realizes that Eowyn is in love with him, Aragorn, as gently as possible, tells her that his heart is already taken. He never wavers in his love for Arwen, in all their time apart.



Their reunion in the end is so sweeeeeet!! After all that time apart, they both love each as just much as ever, and they are finally married!! Everybody say Aaawwwwww!! <3 <3 <3


~Arthur and Amy~


Well. These two had a bit of a rougher time of it, didn't they? 

Amy Dorrit is such a sweetheart. She's quiet and shy, and often times may seem to allow herself to become a little bit of a door mat. But she's not! What she is, is incredibly patient with her family, who are always horrible to her. When Amy meets Arthur Clennam, she falls in love with him almost from the very beginning. 


And guess what?

Arthur doesn't know it. He's just hum-dumming along, lost in his own little world, completely blind to the fact that sweet little Amy Dorrit is head-over-heels for him. In fact, he's in love with someone else, and thinks of Amy as only a good friend. He even confides to Amy about this other girl that he is in love with, making poor Little Dorrit absolutely heart broken. Then this other girl goes and gets herself engaged, and Arthur gets his turn to be heart broken for awhile. 


Meanwhile, Amy still has feelings for him, but has accepted the fact that he will never love her *sniffle sniffle* Then a lot of plot twists occur, and Amy leaves the Marshelsea (is that how you spell it?) with her family, and doesn't see Arthur for a very long time. 

*Insert many, many more plot twists here*

And all this plot twisting ends with Arthur landing himself in the Marshelsea prison for debt. It's here that Poor John Chivery tells Arthur that Amy has feelings for him. Let me recreate the whole tear wrenching scene for you. 

 John cries, "How can you not know it? The walls in this room know it!! Do you think everything I did was for you? It wasn't! I did it for her!"

To which a very confused Arthur replies, "Who?"

And then John's tearful answer. "For Amy!! Because she loves you!!" 

You're welcome for that. *hands out tissues*

So after this declaration, Arthur is hit by the realization that it is Amy he loved all along, and when she comes back to the Marshelsea to take care of him after he gets sick, he tells her that he loves her, and all is happiness and butterflies and sunshine once more!!


And even though it may sound like I don't like Arthur that much, because it took so long for him to realize (as a matter of fact he didn't even realize, HE HAD TO BE TOLD) *Frowns at Arthur* I really do like him very much. He was such a gentleman, and wanted to do the right thing so very badly, who could help but love him? He and Amy both deserved, as well as earned, their happily ever after.


And with that, my contribution to the Lovely Blog Party is finished!! I hope ya'll enjoyed it! Thanks for hosting this blog party Cordy, I had a blast being part of it. I only wish I could have participated a little bit more! Sorry also for not getting out that Minnie and Alfie post I mentioned, maybe I'll just have to write it separately later! 

TTFN, Ta-Ta for now!!

7 comments:

  1. I love Arwen & Aragorn so, so much! Their undying faithfulness to each other is really beautiful and rare.
    *sigh* I never tire of seeing her excitement when they are finally reunited.

    But I actually have yet to read/watch Little Dorrit...hopefully I'll get around to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they so sweet!! YES GIRL

    Me too!! Their ending is awesome :D

    Oh you should!! It's really good/suspensing/sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Little Dorrit and Arthur, wow, two of the most downtrodden people in literature. I love their relationship. We are watching the mini-series right now, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those two had it pretty tough. They are perfect for each other though. Really? I'd like to watch it again, it's been awhile since I last saw it. Thanks for commenting Livia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is kind of random, but... I absolutely LOVE your new header! It's so pretty!

    And that is one of my favorite quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aawww thank you so much Madeline!! So sweet of you to say! :D

    Yes, isn't that quote great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great combo post in my mind. You'll have to owe us the Minnie and Alf post. :D

    Your correcting your spell check was pretty funny.

    I must confess, I'm not a huge Arthur and Amy fan. I'm not a Little Dorrit fan, if I'm TOTALLY being honest. Which one must always strive to be, right? Haha.

    But I really love Aragorn and Arwen and they always seem to be overshadowed by Faramir and Eowyn. (Haha, I have red lines now too. ;))

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!