Sunday, December 27, 2020

Lovely Books and Aesthetics of 2020

In no particular order, some of my favorite books and series of 2020, in aesthetic form of course ;)


Till We Have Faces

by C.S. Lewis

marble halls | philosophical thoughts | Greek gods | misty mountains | unrequited love | sheer fabric | myths | sword fights | weeping willows | sisterly love


The Artemis Fowl Series

by Eoin Colfer

stolen paintings | fairies | the rolling hills of Ireland | SNARK | fancy techy stuff | dastardly plots | child genius | unlikely friendships | bodyguards | black suits | acorns | old legends | blue sparks 


Sense and Sensibility

By Jane Austen

pale pink | sheet music | dry wit | ball rooms | quiet admiration | Shakespeare sonnets | small cottages | passion | wildflowers | long walks | exotic lands | short letters


Persuasion

by Jane Austen

cobblestone streets | patience | cloudy skies | ocean waves | silence | blue uniforms | green fields | assembly rooms | secret looks | tangled past


Romanov

by Nadine Brandes

boarded-up windows | red | ancient spells | black eyes | old journals | bullets | train whistles | royal blood | soldiers | family ties 


Cranford and Dr. Harrison's Confession

by Elizabeth Gaskell

quiet streets | gossip | etiquette | long lasting friendships | dried flowers | neighborly support | old lace | garden parties | sea green | tea cakes | ticking clocks  


The Ascendance Series

by Jennifer Neilson

long lost royalty | duels | ocean waves | gold coins | empty throne | courage | scars | rolling landscapes | whispers | band of thieves | old parchment | knotted ropes | head held high | enemies to friends and back again | pirates | schemes | sass | a sense of belonging 


The Scarlet Pimpernel

by Baroness Orczy

dark nights | alter egos | gold ballgowns | candlelight | reign of terror | chivalry | horse hooves on cobblestones | dastardly plots | theatres | black mail | lost love | large mirrors | adoration | cliff sides | lace handkerchiefs | loyalty  


And that's all for now! Have you all read any of these books and what did you think of them? I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! 

Yours Truly, 

Miss Woodhouse

14 comments:

  1. I love a lot of these books too! Especially the ones by Jane Austen!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I love your collages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING. :D :D :D <3 <3 <3

    Seriously, I LOVE this post!! I think my favorite of the aesthetics were the Till We Have Faces, Artemis Fowl, Romanov, Cranford, and Ascendance. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW THANK YOUUU <3

      Those were some of my favorites too!! Thank you for the sweet comment dear!! :)

      Delete
  4. You and I have some similar books that we read this year! These aesthetics are gorgeous! I could just sit and look at them for hours. *heart eyes* Especially the Artemis Fowl and Cranford and Dr. Harrison's Confession ones. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! Aww thank you MC!! <3 I had so much fun making them!! :)

      Delete
  5. Miss Woodhouse!
    It looks like you've kept up with the blogging world. I can't tell you how much I love that you mentioned The Scarlet Pimpernel!!! <3 <3 Lovely job!! Anyway, I was actually popping in you let you know that I tagged you:
    https://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/2021/01/sunshine-blogger-award.html
    Play if you like, but no pressure if not.
    Enjoy your day!
    Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cordy!!!

      Hehe I've certainly tried, but I am definitely far from consistent ;) OOOOO YES! I loooooved that book soo much!!! <3 <3

      Aww thank you so much for the tag!! :D

      Delete
  6. I've read the Artemis Fowl series from cover to cover and back again, and I love how you put "snark" in all caps. That series is the king of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!! SNARK really is the epitome of Artemis Fowl ;)

      Delete
  7. Wow, this was such a beautiful post! What a great idea.

    I particularly loved Cranford, Romanov and Sense and Sensibility (the first 2 being ones I discovered this year and fell in love with!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Gabby!!

      Yesss I love those ones too!! Such good books!! <3

      Delete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!