Sunday, June 11, 2017

"Miss Woodhouse is simply going to have to explain all this!"


" What's this I hear!"

" More new fangled nonsense, that's what!"

" Oh you will not know the meaning of nonsense until you hear me speak!"

" What is all this agitation! Are the summer gloves in?"

 Gossips. Period drama's simply would not be the same without them. Without them, everyone would have to wait till the newspaper came to find out what was going on. Without them, we would have much less order in our lovely little villages (a.k.a. tens and thousands of half gypsies/whole villains roaming the streets, much more partaking of spirits, even though this is a temperance community, madly busy streets because no one is taking the time to sit down and read the letter's from Jane, not to mention hundreds of poor single young men in possession of a large fortune, also in want of a wife, but unable to obtain one because there is no one around to be sure that Jane rides a horse so that she must stay overnight!) 

" Lawful Heart girl, are you going to talk all day!"

" Girls! They think they know everything about everything save when it is to happen, and how it can be stopped. Of course in most cases, they are correct, as most women are."

" Oh yes indeed! In fact, just this morning, I was saying to Mother, that Jane really is the cleverest girl! Do you know, she is almost to the end of her reading list of one-hundred titles! One-hundred!"

" Miss Bates please! Miss Woodhouse is trying to make an announcement! Proceed Miss Woodhouse! We will lend our ears."


Thank you ladies! Now as I was saying, without gossips, so much would be missing from the movies that we love. Sure they are all pig headed, obstinate, outspoken, and opinionated, but they are also loyal, kind, and would do anything for the people they love. 

So I have decided that over the next few weeks I am going to be writing about these wonderful and hilarious women. Introducing...

Top 5 Favorite Period Drama Gossips

" Mrs. Forrester! Mrs. Forrester! Put no further pastries to your lips, lest you should choke, when you hear the news!!"

" Miss Woodhouse is going to write all about US!"

" Mrs. Jenkins! I rehearsed those words all the way from the worsted work!"

" Oh do beg pardon, my dear, proceed!"

" Well there is nothing left to tell, is there?!"

" Miss Pole please! You are betraying your emotions!"

" Ladies! Miss Woodhouse can't get a word in edge wise, that's what! Continue Miss Woodhouse!"

Thank you Mrs. Lynde. This is sort of a twist on Top 10 Favorite Period Drama Heroins that Miss Dashwood did a few years ago. Unfortunately there are not enough gossips for me to make it 10, so 5 will have to do. 

I will do a post about each gossip, beginning from my least favorite and counting down to my favorite. I will have the first out as soon as possible. Ta ta 'til then!


Yours Truly,
Miss Woodhouse




      

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE IDEA. I may have to come back in like 2 months and read all of them. :p (For explanation see my latest post. :/)
    (Also the dialogue was highly amusing!!! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Haha the dialogue was the funnest part for me :P!!

      *hops over and reads post.* Awww I'll miss you! See you in two months then!

      Delete
  2. Like Rae I'm on a break but this sounds like such a fun one to do once I get back!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!