Friday, June 09, 2017

Jane Austen Would You Rather




Howdy all! Cordy over at Write on, Cordy! just put up her second Jane Austen Would You Rather game! I'm excited to play and if you would like to as well, hop on over to Cordy's blog where you can see her answers and answer the questions yourself! Let's begin!

1. Would you rather summer at Abbey Mill Farm with the Martins or spend the winter in London with your aunt and uncle?
Probably Abbey Mill Farm. Although there would probably be balls and such in London (always a plus ;)), there would be more to do at the farm otherwise.  

2. Would you rather be carried away in the moment and insult someone in company or be overcome by horrid imaginings and have to confess your thoughts to someone you admire?
OH DEAR, CORDY, WHY?!?! Oh my, let's see. Deep breath Miss Woodhouse. I suppose confess my thoughts to someone I admire, as long as this someone was a very good listener and would not think ill of me... you know what, we better just move on, this question is sending me into nervous spasms.

3. Would you rather marry Mr. Bingley or Robert Martin?
That depends on how often I would be forced to invite my sisters-in-law over for dinners and holidays were I to marry Mr. Bingley, and whether or not Robert Martin remembered to look up the book I suggested, cause if he didn't, I would have to wonder why he did not remember it... I think Robert Martin, just because. 


4. Would you rather tour the lake country or visit the seaside?
Umm the Seaside. Especially if it happened this way...



5. Would you rather entertain Miss Bates or Mr. Collins in conversations?
Miss Bates indubitably. 1.) Because I am not a conversationalist and Miss Bates can single handedly keep the conversation going the entire time without me having to contribute, and 2.) Jane Fairfax is probably a more interesting topic than Lady Catherin De Bourgh's chimney.

6. Would you rather sing a musical piece at a gathering while hiccuping every other line or take a great tumble while dancing?
Can I take a tumble and be caught by a handsomely debonair stranger? No? *sigh* Well, tumble anyways cause that way only half of the room will see it, and not the whole of the room as in the other question. 

7. Would you rather be deceived by Willoughby or Wickham?


HAVE YOU NO COMPASSION ON MY POOR NERVES!!! Oh what is to become of us all, I mean me!! *Moaning and wailing in background* 
Well then, *sniffle sniffle,* if I must choose, I guess Willoughby, because if I must get deceived, then I might as well get deceived by someone handsome.

8. Would you rather fall head over heels in love with a man who turns out to be engaged or fall for a man too busy loving someone else to notice you?
Oh this question makes me sad :( Probably someone who doesn't notice me because once he's engaged you have no chance, but if he just likes the other person, than perhaps there is time for him to come to his senses. 

9. Would you rather ride in a carriage or upon a horse to an evening party?
Carriage indubitably. I would not wish to soil my gown by riding a horse. And also because etiquette dictates that it is the proper way to arrive, AHEM (looks sideways at Mr. Knightley)


10. Would you rather accept advice from Mrs. Weston or Elinor Dashwood?
Elinor. She is young enough that I would feel more comfortable talking to her, but also old enough (not to mention sensible enough) that i would trust her opinion.

11. Would you rather have as a companion Jane Fairfax or Charlotte Lucas?
Charlotte Lucas. She seems much more like the type of person I would hang out with, all though Jane is sweet too. 

That's all! Thank you for that Cordy! Hope you all enjoyed it!

Yours Truly,
Miss Woodhouse





4 comments:

  1. OH, I love this!!!! Some of those answers amused me greatly, and I LOVE the pictures you used!!! Especially Mrs. Bennet and the Mr. Knightley gif. LOVE THIS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rae! I love answering questions like these so I enjoyed writing it!

    Haha I was just dying to use that Mr. Knightley gif XD

    So glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my stars my dear Miss Woodhouse! :D This was such fun to read. You really have a flair for being clever. The references and the pictures you included were perfect!

    Um, yes! I would very much want my seaside moment to happen that way as well. :)

    "Jane Fairfax is probably a more interesting topic than Lady Catherin De Bourgh's chimney." That's very true I think. Haha.

    You know, I never did say that you COULDN'T be caught by such a man. I think as you were so clever as to arrange such a situation, it ought to be allowed to happen in just such a way. Wouldn't you agree? ;)

    HAHAHA. That picture of Mrs. Bennet and your comments! Love them!!

    And speaking of perfect pictures and comments. Those carriage comments and that gif with Mr. Knightley were. . .capital!! *Cordy is clapping* ;)

    Thank you for such lovely reading, Miss Woodhouse!!

    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cordy!

      Ooohh I CAN be caught by such a man!! Capital! I most certainly agree :D!!

      Haha glad you liked the Mrs. Bennet and Mr. Knightley!!

      I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! This comment made my day Cordy, thank you so much!!


      Delete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!