Thursday, August 17, 2017

In Which I Tell You Alllllllll About Mine Self; Part 1


Hiiiiiiii!!! *waves frantically*

Sooo I'm finally here to do my post that answers all your questions!! I was so pleased with how many I you all asked, and you were all plenty creative which is just lovely!! Now for some of Miss Woodhouse's mysteriousness to be put aside!


Elanor asks...

What's a hobby you've picked up recently?
Hmm... Well I haven't picked up any hobbies really recently, but about a year ago I started swing dancing with my church group and I'm absolutely loving it!!  Does that count?

What was the last book you read?

The last book I read was Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin. oh. my. goodness. THIS BOOK WAS SO SO AMAZING!!!! There are no words to describe how much I loved this book. Just the plot, the characters, the descriptions, just GAHHHHH!!! There will be a review coming soon!! I am currently reading the second book in the series, Fire by Night, and am enjoying it just as much :D! 


Favorite place to visit?
Umm... the ocean maybe? I like to visit lot's of places...

Biggest surprise of your life?
Oohh oohh oohh!! *Raises hand and waves it in air* 

So for my tenth birthday my parents told me we were going on a surprise trip, and they gave me a few hints, two of which were "There is a snow covered mountain, and there are also Eskimos and penguins." Of course my little nine year old brain began to formulate a trip to Alaska or Antarctica, or maybe even the North Pole!! Turns out, we went to Disney Land! (the Matterhorn guys, that was the snow covered mountain. And the Eskimos and penguins are hiding within the depths of The Small World.)

What's your guilty pleasure dessert?
Well, I LOVE ice cream, but I kind of eat that as much as possible without bothering to feel guilty about it so I don't think that counts :P. Maybe brownies? I can start to feel guilty if I eat to many of those (and no peoples, I am not an eat-'round-the-clock-gluttonous-pig as I make myself out to be, I only eat these things about once a day, just so ya know... Is that chocolate?...)




MovieCritic asks...

What is your favorite book?
Well I REALLY REALLY LOVE the Anne of Green Gables series. It's just a happy, warm fuzzies type of series, and everybody loves to read those. But I don't know if those are my absolute favorites (not to mention that that's eight books, not one). If we are talking about stand alone books, I've always enjoyed Island of The Blue Dolphins, Witch of Blackbird Pond, and I just recently finished reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and that's definitely going on my favorites list. GUYS, THERE ARE JUST SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS OUT THERE, I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!!!!!


Ya know what I mean?

What is your favorite movie? (Okay, I don't know why I'm asking this, I already know the answer.) Scratch that, what is you favorite non Jane Austen movie? (Do I know this answer? Does it have something to do with this last post?)
Haha no MovieCritic, my favorite movie is not Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, even though I do love that movie. Sink me, again there are too many great movies out there for me to choose just one, so here's a few of my favorites...

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982)
~ The Man From Snowy River (1982)
~ Letter's to Juliet (2008)
~ Little Dorrit (2008)
~ Anne of Green Gables 

Who is you favorite (non Jane Austen) hero (book or movie)?
I'd have to say probably Jim Craig from The Man From Snowy River. Jim is awesome guys. <3 <3 <3 He's knock-'em-dead handsome, a wonderful, caring, super sweet, adorable person. If you have not seen the movie and have no idea who I am talking about, then go watch it now, I command you!! 

Yeah guys, that's him. Now go! Go watch it!
What is your favorite Disney movie?
Well I've always had a soft spot for The Apple Dumplin' gang. That movie is just sweet, absolutely hilarious, family appropriate, has some amazing actors (YAY FOR DON KNOTTS!!!!!!) and is so much fun!! I would totally recommend that movie for anyone who likes light hearted, family comedies.

Who is your favorite actor?
Oh dear.... um.... ummmmm.....

My discombobulated thought process
I guess I don't have a particular favorite, but I do like J.J. Fields, Michael Mahonen, Jonathan Crombie, and Johnny Lee Miller (Are you starting to see a pattern? I do believe some time or other all of these men were in period dramas, my one weakness ;))

Who is your favorite actress?
(You have to have seen them in more than one movie)
Oh man I love so many!!! I'm going to go with...


Clair Foy




and Debbie Reynolds

Ruth Asks...

Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely an introvert, at least around people I don't know. My friends would tell you a different story XD. 

 Do you like to decorate your room with flowers and photos and paintings and drawings and posters, or would you prefer a clean wall and desk, with just the needed things on it(paper, pencils, pens)?
Well when I was younger I used to hang a few posters around my room, and ever since I was five my room has had flowers painted on the wall and a purple carpet, so earlier this year we re-did it in a much "older girl" style, and now we don't have anything on the walls except for a few pictures and the needed few things on the desk :P. And of course you always need a vase of flowers somewhere :)




What is your favorite flower?
Umm... I like Roses, Tulips, Zinnias, Chrysanthemums, Dahlias.... THERE'S TOOOOOO MANY!!! DON'T DO THIS TOO MEEEE!

What is your favorite series?
Most definitely Road to Avonlea. Just the music, the characters, GAAAHHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!! If you haven't seen it, you need to!!



What do you prefer: mystery-books or novels?
Novels. But I don't mind if a little bit of mystery is mixed into the novel. That's always exciting! 

Are you a planner or a do-things-whenever-you-want-person? 

I want to say both, but the truth actually is that I will always say to myself, "Self! You are going to plan ahead on this whole venture so that when the time comes nothing could possibly ever take you by surprise, and you will be the most well equipped, planned-ahead person that you know. You will be unstoppable!!" *shoots off confetti canon* 
Reality: I procrastinate my planning till the last possible second, then I panic and try to do all my planning in what little time I have left and fail epicly, resulting in the decision to just roll with the punches and to make sure to plan ahead next time. Cause I mean really, once I'v done something that didn't work, I won't do it again... right? 

Do you write or draw (if not, which would you like to do better)?
I draw and write actually! I think if I had to choose though, I would like to be able to write better. I'm not always happy with my writing skills.

Brittany B. asks...

If you can be in a movie, what would it be and why?
Well does it have to be a movie that's already been made, or one that I would like to see made? I'll just give an answer for both scenarios. If it was a movie that had already been made I think that it would be totally amazing to act in Emma (2009) (shocking, I know).  I absolutely love history and to act in a period drama would be a.ma.zing. Just the costumes and the old houses, and THE DANCING!! Yesh, yesh, Emma it is. 
As for something that I would like to see made, my sister and I are writing are novel together that we are both bound and determined to see made into a movie.  I know it will never happen, butohmygoodnessitwouldbeamazing!!!!

This is sorta what it's supposed to look like. It's a fantasy!

What character would you play in said movie?
In the first I would definitely want to be Emma. In the second I would be Clea Ashton (one of the main characters).

What type of books do you love to read?
Mainly historical fiction. And sometimes (I don't know what you would call them) survivalish... books, like My Side of the Mountain, and Island of the Blue Dolphins.


Favorite TV Shows?
Well let's see...
~The Andy Griffeth Show
~Road to Avonlea
~Larkrise to Candleford
And lot's of others but those are my absolute favorites :)

Who doesn't love Barney Fife!!

That's it for now!! I'll answer everyone else's questions in my Part Two post! Hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit about me!





20 comments:

  1. So wonderful getting to know you!!! :D

    Disneyland!!! That was a very fun surprise!! :)

    We recently watched some of The Apple Dumplin' gang. From what I watched, I thought it was really cute! =)

    Many blessings, Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morgan!!

    Yes it was great suprise! :D

    Awww yes that is an adorable movie!! Glad you agree!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNE OF GREEN GABLES IS MY FAVORITE BOOK, TOO!!!! *runs circles around the room* *calms down* Okay, I haven't read the last to books because "Anne" isn't in the title. I know, I'm picky. But... I will one day.

    I love all the You've Got Mail gifs! I need to re-watch that movie...

    I don't think I have ever seen Claire Foy in any movie, but I love Debbie Reynolds!!!!! As you know Singin' in the Rain is my favorite movie...

    Get that book/screenplay out!! I would love reading/seeing it!!!!

    Great answers, talk to ya' later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAYYY!!!! *runs around with you*

      WHAT!? You havn't read Rainbow Valley and Rilla!!!! No MC, just because they don't have Anne in the name doesn't mean they aren't good!! They both focus much more on her children and hardly have any Anne in them at all, which kind of disappointed me, but they are both still great books!! Rilla of Ingelside especially is one of my most favorite books in the series YOU MUST READ IT!!

      Haha yes You've got Mail is a great movie!!

      Oh you should watch Little Dorrit!!That was the first movie I saw Clair Foy in, it was AMAZING, and I also saw her in The Crown. Ahh yes Debbie Reynolds is adorable!!! Singin' in the Rain is my favorite movie with her ;)

      Hmmm perhaps I will post a few excerpts of it once I get a little further!!

      Thank you! Glad you liked it :D!

      Delete
    2. Okay, I guess I will have to read them when I get time.

      I am about to read Little Dorrit, so then I can watch the movie!

      So, I just watched The Man From Snowy River for the first time. For some reason I didn't think I would like it (I have no idea where I got that idea). Then when we started watching it I saw that it has Kirk Douglas, and I usually don't like Kirk Douglas movies. BUT THEN. OH MY WORD. IT IS SO AMAZING. I love it! It went at least to my top 20 movies list, maybe 15. Do you just happen to fall in love with movie characters 5x faster if they have an accent, or is that just me?

      Chat with ya' later! :)

      Delete
    3. Yes you most definitely should!!

      YES YES READ IT AND WATCH IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!

      MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER IS THE BEST I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT!!!!!!! Definitely in my top 10! Hahaha YES!! Accents definitely make the process go faster XD!!

      Bye! :)

      Delete
  4. AHHHH A FELLOW MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER FAN!!! I love Jim Craig TO DEATH, I tell you. First film crush, not lying.

    I really like Don Knotts in Apple Dumpling Gang and Andy Griffith Show too!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU KNOW MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER!!!!!!!! Yes I love him sooooo much!!! That's awesome! He was probably mine too XD :D!!

      Yes Don Knotts is great, especially as Barney Fife :)!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I should have known that you would know who the Man From Snowy River is!! ;D Isn't that a great movie!?!

      Delete
  6. I loved reading this post!
    I recently read Candle in the Darkness as well. It was quite good! Lynn Austin is always a good choice for reading.
    I've never seen Road to Avonlea before, but I should probably try it out!
    I love the look of your blog right now, btw.
    Thanks for the post!
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad Amaris!!

      YES SUCH A GOOD BOOK! I really enjoy Lynn Austin!

      Oh you should definitely try Road to Avonlea, it's a great show!!!

      Awww thank you so much!! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. YOU HAVE SUCH GOOD TAAASSSSTE. Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Little Dorrit, Emma of course...just YES. I loved reading this because I totally agreed with so many of your answers. Definitely a kindred spirit you are, Miss Woodhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rae!!! What a sweet comment!! <3 <3

      Awww so sweet of you to say! You are definitely a kindred spirit as well!! Thank you so much dear, this comment made my day!!! <3 <3

      Delete
  8. So enjoyable getting to know you, Miss Woodhouse:) Can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Letters to Juliet!!! Apple Dumpling Gang!!! Andy Griffith!!!! :D

    This was such a fun post to read, and the way you formatted it with the different colors for the questions was really fun. :)

    Off to read Part 2! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also that Joe Fox gif is me, too (I'll have to steal it) and Candle in the Darkness is a great book and some of your answers were so witty, like the one about your guilty pleasure good ("...is that chocolate...?") and "You will be unstoppable! *shoots off confetti cannon*" ;D And your blog is awesome and I'm glad you started blogging. :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    Okay, I'm going. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! I saw that gif and yelled "Hey it's me!!" XD And of course, you may steal it ;) *waves permission giving wand*

      Haha reading that again makes me want chocolate now! And yes it's the same old school yearly occurrence, all though I feel like I am doing better this year! *re-shoots off confetti canon*

      AWWWW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU'RE SOOO SWEET!!! <3 <3 <3 And yes, I am having a great day!! I hope you are too!

      Hahaha, Bye!! :)

      Delete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!