Thursday, December 28, 2017

Top 5 Favorite Period Drama Gossips; #3 Mrs. Forrester

I bet you guys had forgotten about this series! I certainly did for a little while! When I finally did remember, I didn't really feel like writing it, but now it's high time I got back to it!! So here's my third installment of the Period Drama Gossips Series!!


Mrs. Forrester. Is she not the sweetest, dearest little thing!! I should like to go to her house and have tea and cookies with her, maybe blanch some lace, visit Bessie Dearest. I love her darling personality and her optimistic outlook on things.

Mrs. Forrester can often be found in the company of Miss Octavia Poll, and the other Cranford ladies. She is a widow, who adores her milk cow Bessie. "That cow is like a daughter to me." She is extremely loyal, and would do anything for her friends. 

Julia McKenzie as Mrs. Forrester, Cranford (2007)

I love the circle of Cranford ladies. Their friendship is so sweet, and Mrs. Forrester is such a sweet addition to their group. She is very much a grandmotherly type of woman, which is something I love about her character. 

I feel so sorry for her when poor Bessie gets stuck in the lye pit. My, but we all get a laugh though when she dresses her poor bald cow in pajamas. ;).


Mrs. Forrester's Best Quotes

"It's all such a sequence of continual delights!"

Miss Pole: "I think I have the complexion for this plaid."
Mrs. Forrester: "People might think you a Scots!"
Miss Pole: "Or stripes?"
Mrs. Forrester: "Stripes! Very diminishing for the robust figure."

"Something has to be said! I am a woman of mild opinion, but I'm sure we do not wish to be dressed as revolutionaries! Mr. Johnson has had very wild ideas since he was made mayor!"

"Mrs. Jaimerson approaches! Tell the men to halt the chair!"


I'm afraid this is a very short post, but alas, I have over-the-vacation homework that needs doing, so I will bid you all farewell! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!!



6 comments:

  1. I just picked up Cranford (the book) to read, and I do want to watch the mini-series at some point.

    Awesome post, Miss Woodhouse!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never read the book! And yes, you need to watch the miniseries! It's super sweet. :D

      Thank you Catherine!!

      Delete
  2. This seems like quite a lovely series! I shall have to go back and find the others I missed. :D
    I have never been acquainted with Mrs. Forrester. She sounds quite delightful indeed... I'm afraid I'm frightfully behind with some of my period drama series. :P
    Thank you! I hope you had a Merry Christmas yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amaris!! Oh that's right, you weren't around yet for the others! :)

      Oh Really!? In that case, You must watch Cranford, post haste!! ;) It is quite delightful!

      I had a lovely Christmas! Thank you for commenting!! :D

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, yes!!! I love and adore Mrs. Forrester. Pretty much everything she says is gold, I adore Bessy Dearest, and those quotes you chose are perfect. She's a perfectly hilarious darling. Love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!