Thursday, May 11, 2017

In Want Of a Blog




                So here it is, my very first post. This blog has been a dream of mine for quite a few months now, but between school work and trying to figure out how to actually make a blog (I am not a techy person,) it took me awhile to get here! Well, I'm finally getting around to it. I go by Miss Woodhouse, as Emma Woodhouse is by far one of my favorite period drama heroins. A few months ago I began following multiple period drama blogs, and I was so excessivley diverted, I decided to begin one of my own. I also delight in anything old fashioned, and love to write, hence, I was most definitely in want of a blog! So here I am! On my blog I will mainly discuss period dramas, books, and the realms thereof. I may also occasionally talk about reenactments that I participate in at our local state historic park, and my extensive sewing projects which I never seem to be able to finish. As this is my first post, I suppose I should tell you all a little about myself!
  • I like to draw, sing, dance, cover screens and I know not what!
  • I play the violin and the ukulele and enjoy both very much. Sadly I do not play the piano forte, though had I ever learned, I would be a true proficient!
  • There is no felicity in the world to be compared with taking a walk on a morning that truly smells like spring!
  • Chocolate! Forever and ever, AMEN!
  • I am a daughter of the King and thoroughly amazed by his awesomeness!
  • I love sewing historical costumes, though being able to actually finish them is another matter entirely!
  • Mr. Knightley *happy sigh* Need I say more?
  • Swing dancing is my one weakness 
  • I love to write, but again, finishing my scribbling is another matter entirely!



So with that, I hope you all enjoy my ramblings! Welcome to Notes From a Hartfield Girl!

14 comments:

  1. Miss Woodhouse,

    Welcome to the blog owning world! I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance!! :D

    You were terribly clever with quoting many period dramas. I highly approve.

    It was lovely learning some things about you!

    ~Cordy

    P.S. Mr. Knightley, yes that pretty much says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cordy! You have no idea how excited I was to receive my first comment!!! I'm so glad you liked it! Haha yes Mr. Knightley is my favorite 8)
      Just out of curiosity, do you have any tips you could offer me on blogging?? I'd love to get a more proffesional viewpoint ;)
      ~Miss Woodhouse

      Delete
    2. I was the first?! Sweet!! :D

      Hmm, tips on blogging, well is there anything in particular you want to learn how to do or add to your blog? Maybe I can answer your questions that way. As in yes, I'd be happy to help. :D

      ~Cordy

      Delete
    3. Yes you were the first, and I was completely thrilled!!

      Hmm, well I finally figured out how to add a follow button haha XD. I can't figure out how to cover the whole header with the picture, nor can I figure out how to do headers like yours, which I would like to do. Suggestions?

      Delete
    4. You've managed to gain two headers since I was last here. How lovely! (Sorry for the delay. One, I forgot about this little thread and two, my time has not been my own.)

      So I only have one suggestion for you, making headers like the one I currently have can only be made with some fairly detailed Photoshop work. However, when I don't have a lot of time I often use Picmonkey to make my headers. It's a mostly free site and you can visit it here:
      https://www.picmonkey.com/
      It's easy to use and learn. I hope that helps for the future. Meanwhile, well done so far!! :D
      (Also, the picture of Anne you added to your sidebar is perfect. It made me smile.)

      Delete
    5. Haha thank you Cordy! Yes, I finally figured out how to make them XD And that's fine, I understand how busy life can get :)

      Oh I will have to check it out! I'm sure it will :D And thank you!

      Haha my sister and I have been brainstorming ideas for pictures like that. I'm glad you like it :D!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss Woodhouse!

    I came across your blog and thought that it looked so nice that I had to click the follow button! I can't wait to be reading more posts!

    Here is a question I have, I can see that you have seen the 2009 version of Emma, but have you read the book or seen the Gweneth Paltrow versions? Those two are the only versions I know, but I love reading things about the 2009 version!

    Happy blogging!

    ~MovieCritic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to meet you Movie Critic! And thank you so much for being my first follower!

      As for your question, yes I have seen the Gweneth Paltrow version. My friend introduced it to me, and in return I introduced her to the Ramola Garai version :D. I did enjoy Gweneth Paltrow, but the 2009 version will forever and always, be my favorite. And no I have not read the book, although I am dying to! I just finished Pride and Prejudice, and Emma is next on the list :).

      I'm so glad that you've enjoyed reading my blog so far!! I'm
      delighted to make your acquaitance!

      ~Miss Woodhouse

      Delete
  4. Hello there Miss Woodhouse!!

    I hope your enjoy your time in the blogging world, so good to have you here! :D


    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!