Thursday, December 21, 2017

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!! + Lately


It's that time of year again guys!!!

Only four days till Christmas!!! 

*Runs around like crazy in front of the Christmas tree belting White Christmas!!!*

Actually I am half super stressed, half super excited. Stressed cause after finals were over, Christmas just snuck up on me and so I'm still last minute scrambling to get presents for everyone, excited cause ONLY FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else feel the same way?


So I thought I'd give ya'll a little Christmassy themed update post! It's so nice to have time to write again, I've missed blogging consistently! *pauses to think if I ever really did that in the first place or if I've always been an inconsistent blogger*

LATELY I'VE BEEN...

// Reading //

Well, I am slowly working through the Fellowship of the Ring for the VERY. FIRST. TIME!! Yep you read correctly. The classically uncultured Miss Woodhouse is reading the Lord of the Rings for the first time ever.  

IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!



I'm loving it!!! You will be hearing more about this soon as I make my way through the books, have no doubt ;)

I'm also reading through the book of Romans. If you haven't read it, then DO SO. Just WOW.

// Listening To //

Christmas music of course!! Bing Crosby is playing as I write this (Love his voice sooooo much <3)

I've also listened to a lot of instrumental Christmas Music this year. Ever since my Christmas violin recital I've been singing The Seven Rejoices of Mary and I Wonder as I Wander non-stop.

Photo Credit: Me
  
Plus,  a few non- Christmas songs, mainly being story playlists. Also I just discovered Celtic Woman, and I LOVE their music!! I'm a sucker for anything that sounds remotely Irish or Celtic, so they're right up my alley!

// Watching //

WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!


THIS GOTTA BE THE ULTIMATE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER. We watch it every year, know every single song, and speak fluently in WC quotes. My sister and I are also a lot like Betty and Judy (at least we like to think we are) and we love to perform the Sisters Song :) We have long discussions over who's wardrobe is better and we just can't decide! 


Miracle on 34th Street

This movie. It's just so sweet and innocent, and so 1940s!! 


 Also Mrs. Shelhammer is hilarious!! We quote her so often XD ;)



The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I know what you're gonna say. I was naughty for watching the movies before finishing the books, but I couldn't help myself!!


And Wow. Guys my little heart almost couldn't take all of the emotions. I am not a cryer when it comes to movies. I have been called heartless on more than one occasion. But these movies... I just... I mean I just... I pretty much cried my way through The Return of the King. ALL THE FEEEEEELS.


Nevertheless, the movies were a.ma.zing. 

I'm gonna try and write a review soon! (Ignores how many times I've promised a review with no results ;))

I'm also a sucker for Pippin and Merry. Love those two <3 <3

Little Women

We watch this movie pretty much year round, but it really has Christmassy feel to it, making it especially fun to watch this time of year.


This movie makes me feel so cozy and nostalgic. I love it to pieces :)

// Writing //

I've started a new story that I'm super excited about!!! I've been working pretty consistently on it, but I'm a slow writer. I'm hoping for this to be the first story I've ever finished. Yes, I have never ever finished one of my books. I'm up to 6,434 words, which isn't very many, but here's hoping. 


It's a fantasy novel set in the 1940s, about a girl who is magically swept away to Neverland. I have plans for what happens, but I don't have a definite middle yet, which is a problem. I have beginning and an end, but the middle is slow in coming. *exasperated sigh*

I've been thinking about possibly sharing a few excerpts! What say you?


// Loving //

Christmas Break has been soooooo nice!!! I don't think I've ever enjoyed doing nothing more! These days you can usually find me snuggled up in a blanket in front of the Christmas tree with a mug of either chai tea or hot cocoa, either writing, drawing, or reading.



Wrapping Presents! Depends on what mood I'm in, but I usually really enjoy wrapping presents, square boxes preferably ;)

Making cookies!! At least, I'm looking forward to making cookies, which is probably what tomorrow will be spent doing. Also eating cookies is great. I may like eating cookies best...



If only it would snow!!! We have white Christmas occasionally, but it doesn't look like we will be having one this year :( Oh well.

via Pinterest

But mostly, hopefully without sounding to cliche, I love the reason for the season. This verse really struck a chord with me this morning when I was reading.

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. ~ Romans 5: 18

Ladies, God is so good. And Christmas is such a reminder of that. 


So, that's what I'm up to! Hope you have all been having a wonderful Christmas vacation!! Tell me what you have been up to! What are some of your favorite Christmas movies and songs? 

I'm glad to be posting again, and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

  1. HAHA, so glad you love LOTR so far!!! I'm re-reading it as well <3

    I love Celtic Women too! Their music is absolutely beautiful.

    OH my gosh, White Christmas!!! That's my favorite Christmas movie ever :))))

    Heehee, Merry and Pippin memes are the best :).

    ah, I wanna watch Little Women again...can't wait for the Masterpiece version coming out in May!

    Oh how neat! I love 1940s stories :). Can't wait to hear more :).

    hmm blanket and tea sounds awesome right now...

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes LOTR is reeeeally good so far!!

      Yes they have gorgeous voices! <3

      Yay for White Christmas!! I'm actually watching it right now! Such a good movie!!

      Yeah I always find anything Merry/Pippin related really funny ;)

      Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the new Little Women.

      Yes, I may share a few excerpts eventually!

      Haha tea and blankets are indeed awesome :D!

      Thanks for commenting Catherine! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Aww. This was such a delightful post, Miss Woodhouse! I loved it!!

    Heh. Yeah. What IS blogging consistently? Is that really a thing? ;)

    You're reading The Fellowship of the Ring! THAT IS SUCH A GOOD BOOK!! I need to read it again. I've only ever read it once to myself, though my dad read it aloud multiple times to me and my siblings when we were younger.

    ROMANS IS AN AMAZING BOOK! I agree. I have tons of verses underlined in that book. So many thought-provoking and encouraging passages in there.

    So which sister are you, Betty or Judy?

    We just watched Lord of the Rings recently too! (Not for the first time though. I've seen it quite a few times now.) It's not my favorite movie. Some parts of it really frustrate me. But then there are other parts that are really good so...

    MERRY AND PIPPIN!! Yes! Love those two. They're so much fun! And that quote!! "WHAT ABOUT PIPPIN CHRISTMAS? #YES BUT WHAT ABOUT SECOND CHRISTMAS" Oh my word! That is soooo funny!! I love it!! :D :D

    You're working on a story? That is awesome! I know what you mean about never finishing stories though. And about not knowing what to write about in the middle. THAT IS SO ME!! I hope this story goes well for you though. Keep working at it! And yes, please share snippets! :D

    Square boxes are the best sort of presents to wrap. Definitely.

    YES! GOD IS INDEED GOOD!! Kinder to us than we can ever come close to deserving!! <3 <3

    Merry Christmas, Miss Woodhouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MERRY AND PIPPIN CHRISTMAS!!! :D That is hilarious!!!! I read LotR for the first time this year! I have seen bits and pieces of the movies, but I am going to see the whole thing this winter. Hamlette at The Edge of the Precipice is doing a LotR read-along right now, if you are interested: https://theedgeoftheprecipice.blogspot.com/p/the-fellowship-of-ring-prologue.html

    Bing Crosby and Celtic Women, they are my favorite Christmas singers!!! My favorite BC song is "Do you know what I know?" and my favorite CW songs are "Little Drummer Boy" and "On Christmas Night". What about you?

    MISS WOODHOUSE. Neverland = <3. When you get it done, let me know! I would love to read it!!! :D

    Miracle on 34th Street is one of my favorite Christmas movies!!! It is so great!!! Have you seen It's a Wonderful Life?

    (I'm not done with gifts, either. Help!)

    God is amazing, now and always.

    Happy Christmas, Miss Woodhouse!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Woodhouse,I love the White Christmas movie so, so much! I remember watching it for the first time and loving it. I hope you had a very merry Christmas!! xo
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I SO need to read the Lord of the Rings books someday! I've read the Hobbit twice and really liked it, but I've yet to read the trilogy. I've seen the movies though, as my dad is a big fan of them; in fact, I think we might try and watch some of them before our Christmas vacation ends!

    Funny, I literally just finished reading through the book of Romans yesterday! You're right, it is soo good and encouraging.

    YES, White Christmas! As to whose wardrobe is the best--that is really difficult! I'm tempted to say Judy just because I adore her gorgeous pink dress in "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" scene. :)

    Little Women!! I've been slowly rewatching it on my phone as I draw lately, haha. And I'm in the middle of reading the book again! Both are so perfect for this time of year. :)

    Ooh, I'd love some excerpts of the novel you're working on!

    I enjoyed reading this post, Miss Woodhouse! I hope you had wonderful Christmas. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. LORD OF THE RINGS YAAAAAAASSSS. So glad you're reading/watching them! Aren't they just the best. <3

    Ah, those gifs from "Miracle on 34th Street"! *steals them*

    And wow, that Neverland story sounds awesome! Some excerpts would be lovely! If you'd like to share, of course. :) I love Peter Pan! Oh, and do you by chance have a storyboard of this project on Pinterest? I feel like I've seen some of it and I wondered if it was Peter Pan-related . . .

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a great Christmas break. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Comments absolutely make my day so tell me what you're thinkin!!